This is my blog about the day to day lives of my little flock of pet chickens. They're a happy little flock, although they're totally crackers! If you want a laugh, they'll gladly give you one.


MY BOOK "MUCKY CLUCKERS - TALES FROM THE CHICKEN RUN" IS AVAILABLE AS A PAPERBACK FROM www.muckycluckers.co.uk OR AMAZON http://amzn.to/JDnCGB

For the ebook version, just click the link on the right.





Wednesday 10 August 2011

Pitter patter raindrops

It's pouring with rain in my bit of North Yorkshire.   But I have been doing my duty, periodically slithering and sliding down to the chicken run to check that all is well.

This time Rebecca and Irene were convinced I'd come to let them play out on the lawn, despite the deluge!  They were slightly mollified by the fact that I had brought a little corn with me.   The others were all being sensible and had gathered under the cover of the caged area.    Fizz, however, had gone upstairs to bed.

They all looked so bored, that I scattered the corn on the cage floor instead of just leaving the dish for them.   Looking for it would at least give them something to do.

As I left, I did a spectacular mud slide just outside the cage, barely managing to stay upright.   Titian watched this with interest, before turning to rummage for her share of corn.


No comments: