This is my blog about the day to day lives of my little flock of pet chickens. They're a happy little flock, although they're totally crackers! If you want a laugh, they'll gladly give you one.


MY BOOK "MUCKY CLUCKERS - TALES FROM THE CHICKEN RUN" IS AVAILABLE AS A PAPERBACK FROM www.muckycluckers.co.uk OR AMAZON http://amzn.to/JDnCGB

For the ebook version, just click the link on the right.





Monday 30 May 2011

I don't believe it!

Despite some seriously inclement weather, I nonetheless dutifully went to the chicken run to check on the mob.   To say I was surprised to see Tu-Tu having a dust bath in the pouring rain would be putting it mildly.   In her defence, she had found a dryish bit of ground beneath an overhanging hedge, but a constant drip of water from one of the leaves still found its way onto her head.  But she's a stayer is our Tu-Tu and she didn't let that deter her.   When a girl's got to bathe, a girl's got to bathe.

I then went to the nest box where I knew I'd find Maggie brooding ...... well just the bedding as it turned out, as there were no eggs under her.  When I opened the nest box lid she looked up and growled at me!   Dogs growl, not chickens!  Unfortunately nobody had ever pointed that out to Maggie.

So I sloshed back to the house and had a nice cup of tea.

No comments: